TRENCH AND PIPELINE CONSTRUCTION
CUTTING IS THE KEY TO A PERFECT TRENCH
High- precision trenches in record time
The only way to achieve consistently smooth and vertical trench walls is with grinding. In fact, Rockwheel cutting units always cut rock material at their exact drum width regardless of depth, ensuring that trenches always have the planned width.
In contrast, hammers produce irregular walls and require a funnel shape as a trench’s depth increases. Not only that, but the chipping that results from hammering can widen trenches unintentionally. Cutting units eliminate these problems.
ROCKWHEEL Axial Cutters
Rockwheel trench cutters are the ideal choice for very narrow trenches. Featuring only one rotary cutter, they are able to grind this type of trench, and the integrated stabilizing wheel helps relieve the load on the excavator slewing ring.
Meanwhile, Rockwheel axial cutters are the right choice when it comes to vertical holes in the ground,
and also feature only one rotary cutter in order to ensure that the perfect hole is produced.
• Drum width = Trench width
• Three to five times faster than hammers when working on the same type of rock
• Reusable ground material (diameter of 1 – 3 cm)
• Consistently smooth and stable trench walls
• Up to 50% less excavation volume
• Extremely powerful and precise
• Sturdiest design on the market
• Low-vibration and low-noise
• Can be used in sensitive locations such as urban and residential areas